Sunday, January 13, 2008

enjoying the silence...and barry white

i've joined the ranks of blogger moms.  i guess i'm more than that, a "blogger mom." i could be a blogger babe, a blogger producer, blogger wife, blogger synchronized swimmer, blogger bmc'er, blogger raver, etc., etc.  but the reason for this blog is the impending birth of my first child.  i am, for sure, a pregger blogger.  

i'm 41.  i'm 37 weeks pregnant.  i've had a lot of free time and blissful silence all to myself for over four decades.  and that's about to change. for-ever-ever-ever-ever.......or at least for a good 18 years.  and at that point, i'll be so old and tired and probably partially deaf anyway, that i probably won't have remembered the silence and the freedom of the first half of my life all that well.   and the trade-off, although i can't possibly fathom it yet, will be so worth it, it won't matter.  

i was dancing to barry white's "my first, my last, my everything" with my giant, giant belly this afternoon.  and in so doing, i couldn't help but joyously and astoundingly consider that when i put this song on my mix list in 2004,  it represented my new sexy-romantic feelings towards my now-husband, and today it means how i feel about this little child, this little, beautiful human being whom i don't yet know....dancing and crying in a tank top and tiny shorts with a belly that can hardly be believed....

by the way, i chose this template b/c a former colleague of mine from my music days informed me that a black screen uses less energy than a light screen.  so...i guess you could call me a blogger with an eco-conscience, as well. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Hubby,
Among many titles & gifts, you are also mommy blogger extraordinaire! Welcome to the ranks of which I know nothing about. Congrats, I know you'll have great insights posted. I'll stay tuned. You're 41? What else don't I know? Did you have the baby & I totally missed it? Keep me posted. I love you & piccolo
tizzio! ciao ciao, Hubby